Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Sketch-Dump and hands

Heeey. So this week I have done a lot of training. The travelling kind that is. Getting from one place to another. Its been a busy old time because of it. Especially on the way back. Apparently thunder and lighting is good enough reason to cancel every train this side of London for a good two hours. But hey ho, what better time to sit and kill a few hours drawing people ambling about. Here's a few of those very sketches . . . (apart from the ones at the top, they're just studies from a newspaper).


And in the mean time here's some more hands. You might recognise the style. I have been reading a lot of Bridgeman lately. Absolute genius of life drawing. These are however my own hands and not artist copies. (For one thing they're not good enough)



Also if you haven't seen it already. See the new Pixar Brave trailer. 

I don't think I have been that turned on by a movie trailer since the Lilo and Stitch series.

Featuring Aladdin

The little Mermaid

Beauty and the Beast

And the lion king

1 comment:

Francis said...

Good to see you today man, and to hear that your hands are improving.

Here is the link to a wonderful blog and resource - these are all the hand reference posts - http://characterdesignnotes.blogspot.com/search/label/hand%20reference - Enjoy :]!

I studied a few as well, really focussing on form and construction. I imagine that if I can get that down accurately, then any ability to accurately tone or render can/should follow. I found it really useful recently to hear that working on one specific element of a drawing can focus your improvements, allowing you to conquer one stage at a time!

All the best!